Tomato Fever Symptoms, Cause, Treatment, Precautions:Mudakayam, Varzur, and Kanirapally in Kottayam and Pathinamtita districts, formerly plagued by Chikungunya, are now seeing a rapid outbreak of Tomato Flu.Non-fatal and self-limiting, Chikungunya is transmitted by mosquito bites and produces a high fever, severe joint pain and rashes, and nausea and vomiting.
As the ailment primarily affects youngsters under five, the Kerala Health Department keeps a close eye on things. One hundred and eighty-two cases of Tomato Fever were recorded in Kollam city alone. All confirmed cases are youngsters under the age of five and have been reported from local government hospitals is extremely concerning.
What is tomato Fever?
In India, unexplained fever in children under the age of five is a relatively prevalent occurrence. Rashes, skin discomfort, and dehydration are common symptoms in an infected youngster. Several regions of the body are affected by blisters due to this treatment. The disease is commonly referred to as “tomato flu” or “tomato fever” due to the redness of the blisters. While this strain of flu is now only affecting a small portion of Kollam in India, public health experts have warned that it might spread to other sections of the state if precautions aren’t followed.
|Caused by||Chikungunya Mosquito|
|Affected Age Group||Under 5 years old Kids|
|First Seen||Kollam district|
|Related to Covid 19 Virus||NO|
|Symptoms||high fever, severe joint pain etc|
Tomato Fever symptoms
There are rashes the size of tomatoes, skin irritation, and dehydration on a youngster’s tongue when they are suffering from tomato disease. In some cases, it has been reported that worms have also been found in the boils of patients.
Tomato Flu have these symptoms::-
- Fever of unknown origin
- Skin rashes and changes in skin tone on the hands and legs.
- Aches and pains in the abdomen; nausea; vomiting; diarrhoea
- Cold and a cough
- Drowsiness and discomfort
Tomato Fever Precautions
- Even though the virus is not dangerous and may be treated, if a kid develops any signs of a fever, they should be taken to the doctor immediately.
- If a kid exhibits any of the symptoms mentioned above, parents should seek emergency medical attention.
- Children exposed to the virus should drink plenty of boiling water to keep hydrated.
- The blisters and rashes should not be scratched.
- Maintain a clean and healthy environment.
- Take a warm shower or bath.
- Maintain a distance from the sick individual.
- Instruct the youngster to get plenty of rest to avoid the disease’s long-term effects.
Tomato Fever Treatment
Before you embark on a trip to a developing country, you should see a doctor to ensure you have all the essential vaccines and pre-travel advice to be healthy. If you notice any of the symptoms mentioned above after returning home, visit a doctor immediately. Consult a specialist who specialises in infectious diseases or foreign medication if you can help it. Doctors might benefit from hearing about your trip.
|Number of Case||Around 80 Cases|