This year, the state government will provide free laptop computers to all students in Tamil Nadu. The program is known as the “Tamil Nadu Free Laptop Scheme 2023.” This is especially true for those who have recently completed their tenth or twelfth-grade exams. Completing an online application form will begin soon, and people who want to apply for the job must submit this form before the deadline
This article will guide you through everything there is to know about the free laptop Scheme. Like, you’ll need to know how old you must be, what documents to apply for online, what kind of laptop you’ll need, and other details specific to this scheme.
Tamil Nadu Free Laptop Scheme Registration
Because of the coronavirus epidemic in recent years, classes for students have also begun through online mediums for them to stay healthy. However, to complete their assignments in online classes, students must have more than just an internet connection. It’s because they, too, require a smart way to learn and learn more about their subject. As a result, the Kerala government has announced a plan to provide free laptops in the state of Tamil Nadu beginning next year.
|Authority||Electronics Corporation of Tamil Nadu Ltd. (ELCOT)|
|Name of the scheme||TN Free Laptop Scheme 2023|
|Launched by||Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami|
|Launched on||27th February 2020|
|Beneficiary||10th & 12th Students|
|Beneficiary State||Tamil Nadu|
|Mode of application||Online|
Because this scheme is intended to assist students from low-income families, the primary goal is to provide them with digital services. They can’t afford these things, so the government has come to assist their parents with their child’s development. However, this scheme is only available to Tamil Nadu students in the 10th and 12th grades.
TN Govt Free Laptop Specifications (Estimated)
The registration process for students has already begun. And thanks to the Internet, they can easily sign up for this plan. As more government work is done online, it becomes more transparent. After they apply, they can use the reference number they were given when they signed up for the event to check the status of their application number. It can also be viewed as a prize for students in Tamil Nadu. The specifications of the laptop are listed in the table below.
|Laptop Brand Name||HP|
|Screen Size||14-inch Screen|
|System Name||ELCOT PC|
|System Type||X 86|
|Market Price||INR 25,0000|
|Warranty of Laptop||1 Year|
|Processor Name||Intel Pentium Dual Core|
|RAM||2 GB DD R3 SD-RAM at 1066 MHz Speed|
|Pre-Installed Software||Microsoft Office, TN Schemes|
|Hard Disk||160 GB Minimum – 320 GB Maximum|
TN Free Laptop Eligibility Criteria
To take advantage of the free scheme set up by the Tamil Nadu government for students, you must follow the rules. We’ll go over some of the most important requirements in this section.
- This program is only available to students who live in Tamil Nadu.
- The state government will provide them with free laptop computers for their school.
- If a student has completed the 10th or 12th grade at a government or aided school and is now enrolled in college, he or she is eligible for this plan.
- Applicants from scheduled castes and tribes will be given extra time in the hiring process under this plan.
TN Government Free Laptop Required Documents
This program has been established to ensure that students who have completed their 10th or 12th grade have a bright future. Applicants for this program will need the following documents.
- Aadhar Card
- School ID
- Government or Aided College Information
- Family income certificate
- caste certificate
Registration for the TN Free Laptop Scheme 2023
- Go to the official government website at https://it.tn.gov.in/en/ELCOT (links will be activated soon).
- You can apply online by going to the home page and clicking the Apply Now button.
- This opens a new window. Fill in your email address here.
- You will then be shown the registration form, which you can complete.
- After entering your name, parents’ names, date of birth, gender, and Aadhar number into the form, click the next button to send it to the government.
- Upload passport-sized photos, signatures, caste and income certificates, and documents proving your address and school attendance.
- Please print and save your registration number after you have double-checked it.
Beneficiary List Checking Procedure
Follow the steps to see if you are on the list of people who received a free laptop as part of the CM Free Laptop Scheme.
- The first step is to visit the Tamil Nadu Free Laptop Scheme website.
- Your browser will then open a page called “Home Page.”
- Select the “Beneficiary List” option on the site’s home page. A new window will appear.
- This page includes a PDF file. There is a searchable list of names in the file. You have the option to download or print it.
Benefits of the Tamil Nadu Free Laptop Scheme
The government is providing free laptop computers to students in Tamil Nadu. Here are a few of the main reasons.
- This plan will assist students in learning how to use computers and staying current with modern technology.
- All students who receive laptop computers will be able to use them effectively when they attend college or university.
- Students will learn about the Internet and how to use it in various ways using the laptop. He will also be able to purchase train and plane tickets online.
- Another important aspect of the scheme is that it will assist students with their jobs. As a result, he will be able to learn a great deal more about the computer world.