“No greater opportunity or
obligation can fell the lot of a human being than to be a physician. In the case of suffering he needs technical
skill, scientific knowledge and human understanding” true to this quote by Dr. Harrison the Author of Harrison’s
Principles of Internal Medicine, our department is the major pillar in the
functioning of the two hospitals Victoria and Bowring and Lady Curzon
Hospitals. It was started in the year
1955. It is one of the oldest Departments
in the history of BMC & RI, Bangalore. We receive patients from all walks
of life, not only from Bangalore City, but also from all over the state as well
as country. Department of Medicine is a tertiary care providing Department, catering
to patients with simple fever to complicated cases like connective tissue
disorders, endocrinopathies, neurological disorders etc.
From ages we are proud to say
that the department has had the best of the brains and kindest of the hearts in
providing quality medical care. In
addition, the training given to Undergraduate and Post Graduate students are
par excellence making it one of the best 10 Colleges in the country.
Diabetic Clinic : Tuesday and Thursday – 10 AM – 1 PM at Victoria and
ART Centre – Daily 9 AM- 4 PM – Both Victoria and Bowring Hospitals.
Medical Gastroenterology Clinic. – Mon, Wed and Friday – 10AM – 1 PM
Hematology Clinic – Tues, Wed, Fri and Saturday – 10 AM – 1 PM
Regular Rural Health Check up Camps.
Dental, BSC. OTT, Homeopathy, Physiotherapy Training Programmes.
01. Dr. Raveendra. K. R, Dr. Jayachandra _ Research Article - An extract of
Glycyrrhiza Glabra (GutGard) Alleviates Symptoms of Functional Dyspepsia:
A Randomized, Double – Blind, Placebo – Controlled Study.
02. Dr. Veeranna Gowda, Dr. Jayachandra and Dr. Zakhir Hussein, Dr. Mumtaz
Ali Khan – A Serum magnesium level in critically ill patients in Tertiary Care
03. Dr. Veeranna Gowda Dr. Jayachandra and Dr. Priya Prakash Bhate –
Vascular age and risk profile of patients with cerebro vascular events.
04. Dr. Jayachandra _ A randomized double blind placebo controlled trial of
Herbal Supplements in the management of Pre-diabetes.
05. Dr. Raveendra. K. R _ A randomized double blind placebo controlled trial of Herbal Supplements in the management of Pre-diabetes.
06. Dr. Mamatha. T. R, Dr. Jayachandra, Dr. Veeranna Gowda. K. M,
Dr. Yashwanth - A rare presentation of Epidemic Typhus
07. Dr. Jayachandra – Changing microbial spectrum and antibiotic resistance in
community acquired pneumonia at A Tertiary Hospital for the year 2012 – 13.
08. Dr. Jayachandra, Dr. Mamatha. T. R, Dr. Veeranna Gowda. K. M, Dr.
Raghavendra. B. M, Dr. Sourabha, Dr. Ricken T Mehta – HsCRP and Uric Acid
in acute stroke.
09. Dr. Madhumathi. R - Clinical profile of Dengue Fever in Bangalore.
10. Dr. Madhumathi. R – Profile of Poisoning in Tertiary Care Hospital.
11. Dr. Madhumathi. R – LV Diastolic dysfunction in diabetes Mellitus.
12. Dr. Madhumathi. R – Relationship of Blood Glucose in Mortality in ICU.
13. Dr. Prashanth. V. N, Dr. Vasantha Kamath – et.al.H1N1 – are we done with it
? Int.J.of Cli.Cases and Inv.October 2013.
14. Dr. Prashanth. V. N, Dr. Vasantha Kamath – et.al. A Rare case of ADEM
associated with H1N1 –Int.J.of Cli.Cases and Inv.October 2013.
15. Dr. Veernanna Gowda. K. M, Dr. Raghavendra. B.M, Dr. Swetha. J - A rare
presentation of Post-Herpes Zoster VIII and XII Cranial Nerve Palsies.
Int.J.of Cli.Cases and Inv.Vol 5 January 2014.
16. Dr. Veernanna Gowda. K. M, Dr. Raghavendra. B.M, Dr. Vijay Kumar – Rare
Cause of Delayed Puberty: Hypothalmic Tumor.
Int.J.of Cli.Cases and Inv.Vol 5 January 2014
17. Dr. Leelavathi. V, Dr. Naveen. R, Dr. Veeranna Gowda. K. M – Renal
Complications in Malaria – IJPHRD – Dec 2013.
18. Dr. Prashanth. V. N, Dr. Ashok. M.L, Dr. Akhila- A Rare case of periodic paralysis- Int.J.of Cli.Cases and Inv Vol 6 July – 2015.
19. Dr. Prashanth. V. N, Dr. Ashok. M.L, Dr. Nagarjun- A rare case of Pulmonary alveolar microlithiasis- Int.J.of Cli.Cases and Inv Vol 6 July – 2015.
20. Acute infection as a risk factor for Ischemic Stroke – Dr. Prashanth. V. N, Dr. Aravind. G. N, Int.J.of Cli.Cases and Inv Vol 6 July – 2015.
21. A Clinical profile of leptospirosis – Dr. Aravind. G. N, Dr. Prashanth. V. N, Int.J.of Cli.Cases and Inv Vol 6 July – 2015.
22. A study of clinical Profile of complicated malaria with serum lactate levels as a prognostic marker – Dr. Ashok. M. L, Dr. Prashanth. V. N - Int. J. Basic Medical Sciences – Vol. 6, Issue – 1 April, 2015.
23. Compliment C3 Levels in Metabolic Syndrome - Dr. Ashok. M. L, Dr. Prashanth. V. N - Int. J. Basic Medical Sciences – Vol. 6, Issue – 1 April, 2015.
24. A Study of Serum Cystatin – C and its correlation with micro albuminuria as a marker for diabetic nephropathy in a tertiary care Hospital – Dr. Ashok. M. L, Dr. Prashanth. V. N - Int. J. Basic Medical Sciences – Vol. 6, Issue – 1 April, 2015.
25. Danazol : An attractive option for the treatment of Autoimmune hemolytic anemia. – Dr. Meera. V, Dr. Sivaranjani. H Int.J.of Cli.Cases and Inv Vol 6 Issue 1, October – 2014.
26. Hair dye poisoning – Dr. B. S. Nagaraja, Dr. Sivaranjani. H - Int.J.of Cli.Cases and Inv Vol 4 Issue – 3, October – 2012.
27. Autoimmune Lymphoproliferative Syndrome – Dr. Meera. V, Dr. Sivaranjini. H - Int.J.of Cli.Cases and Inv, Vol 6 Issue 1 October – 2014.
28. Correlation between anti TPO antibodies and FNAC in the diagnosis of Hypothyroidism an observational study – Dr. Sivaranjani. H – Journal of Evolution of Medicine and Dental Sciences. August 2015, Vol 4, Issue 65.
29. Prevalence of Men Sex with Men (MSM) among HIV Infected Patients in Bangalore City. – Dr. Diwakar. T. N, Basavarajaiah. D. M and B. S. Nagaraj International Journal of General Medicine and Pharmacy (IJGMP) ISSN 2319 – 3999 Vol 2, Issue 2, May 2013, 25 – 30.
30. HIV MTCT Transmission – An Indian Based Experience.
Sunanda Bai, Diwakar. T. N and Basavarajaiah. D. M
International Journal of General Medicine and Pharmacy (IJMP) ISSN (P): 2319 – 3999: ISSN (E) : 2319 – 4006 Vol. 3, Issue 4, July 2014, 15 – 26.
31. Comparative Study of Pneumonia Severity Index and Curb65 In Asseing the Severity of community Acquired Pneumonia.
Diwakar T. N, Ravish. K. S, Zakir Hussain G. Advai Kulkarni Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental Sciences / volume 2 / Issue 8/ February – 25, 2013.
32. A Prospective Study of Pharmacological Prophylaxis of Deep Vein Thrombosis in Arthroplasty - K. G. Gopalakrishna, Diwakar. T. N, K. S. Manjunath, Annappaswamy J of Evolution of Med and Dent Sci/eISSN-2278-4802, pISSN-2278-4748/Vol.3/Issue 17/April 28-2014.
33. A study on Plasma 25 Hydroxy Vit-D as a risk factor in primary Hypertension - M. Narayanaswamy, Nagappa H Handargal, Ravinandanagowda, IJGMP.
33. Ceresrobascular Stroke – Spectrum.
M. Narayana Swamy, Nagappa H Handargal, Prabhu. S and Jananee Muralidharan – IJGMP.
34. A Study selective Indicator level as a prognostic indicator in Diabetic Ketoacidosis - M. Narayana Swamy, Sonali Appaiah, Nagappa H Handargal – Journal of Evidence based Medicine and Healthcare Vol.2, Issue 6, Feb 9, 2015 Pg 629 – 637.
35. Febrile Thrombocytopenia Experince in Government Tertiary Hospitals.
M. Narayana Swamy, Nagappa H Handargal, Prabhu. S, Priyashree – IJGMP.
36. Vitamin B 12 deficiency in Type 2 Diabetes patient on long term Metformin Therapy for >2 Years. M. Narayana Swamy, Nagappa H Handargal and Dr. Akshatha. M – IJGMP.